- 15 Oct
You like us, you really like us! – Reviews
For a moment, just consider a few important marketing statistics from 2017:
• 92% of consumers now read online reviews vs. 88% in 2014
• 40% of consumers form an opinion by reading just one to three reviews vs. 29% in 2014
• 88% trust reviews as much as personal recommendations, vs. 83% in 2014
• Star rating is the number one factor used by consumers to judge a business
• Only 14% of consumers would consider using a business with a one or two-star rating
• 57% of consumers would use a business with a three-star rating
• 94% of consumers would use a business with a four-star rating
So, What You’re Saying is Bullet Points Are Important?
The theme that these numbers represent should be obvious. Reviews matter for your business. But, the next question is going to be which review site? Your industry may have its critical industry specific sites. Or you may naturally think of Yelp. And naturally, those are going to need to be part of your plan. But for all of us, Google matters a lot. And those reviews have the most influence on your search engine results and page rankings.
Regardless of where you’d like the review to appear, there are some best practices for asking and encouraging your customers to take the time to review your business. And to see those best practices and learn how to use them for your Marketing success, read the full article on the McLellan Marketing Group blog.