- 27 Mar
The Ultimate List of Email Marketing Stats for 2019
Nowadays, marketers put a lot of emphasis on chatbots, Instagram influencers, and other new opportunities to reach their customers.
But your contemporary communication methods shouldn’t distract you from one of the oldest and yet most effective messaging channels — email.
You might be wondering if email is still a worthwhile marketing strategy. In fact, email generates $38 for every $1 spent, which is an astounding 3,800% ROI, making it one of the most effective options available.
If you’re still hesitant, keep reading — we’ve cultivated a list of email marketing statistics for 2019 to demonstrate just how powerful email can be.
Email marketing stats
- 93% of B2B marketers use email to distribute content.
- Active email accounts are expected to hit 5.6 billion by 2019.
- 83 percent of B2B companies use e-newsletters as part of their content marketing program.
- 40 percent of B2B marketers say email newsletters are most critical to their content marketing success.
- It’s estimated that the U.S. will spend over 350 million dollars on email advertising in 2019.
- Mobile opens accounted for 46 percent of all email opens.
- 35% of business professionals check email on a mobile device.
- Apple iPhone is the most popular mobile client for reading emails with 29 percent of all opens occurring on this platform. Gmail is a close runner-up at 27 percent.
- 73 percent of millennials prefer communications from businesses to come via email.
- More than 50 percent of U.S. respondents check their personal email account more than 10 times a day, and it is by far their preferred way to receive updates from brands.
- 99% of consumers check their email every day.
- 80% of business professionals believe that email marketing increases customer retention.
- 59% of respondents say marketing emails influence their purchase decisions.
- The most opened emails relate to hobbies, with an open rate of 27.35 percent.
- >59% of marketers say email is their biggest source of ROI.
- 56% of brands using an emoji in their email subject line had a higher open rate than those that did not.
- Marketers who use segmented campaigns note as much as a 760% increase in revenue.
B2B Email Marketing Statistics
1. 93% of B2B marketers use email to distribute content. (Content Marketing Institute, 2017)
2. Active email accounts are expected to hit 5.6 billion by 2019. (Statista, 2018)
3. 83 percent of B2B companies use enewsletters as part of their content marketing program. (Imaginepub.com, 2017)
4. 40 percent of B2B marketers say email newsletters are most critical to their content marketing success. (Content Marketing Institute, 2017)
5. It’s estimated that the U.S. will spend over 350 million dollars on email advertising in 2019. (Statista, 2019)
Mobile Email Marketing Statistics
6. Mobile opens accounted for 46 percent of all email opens. (Litmus.com, 2018)
7. 35% of business professionals check email on a mobile device. (Convince & Convert, 2018)
8. Apple iPhone is the most popular mobile client for reading emails with 29 percent of all opens occurring on this platform. Gmail is a close runner-up at 27 percent (Campaign Monitor, 2018)
Demographic Email Marketing Statistics
9. 73 percent of millennials prefer communications from businesses to come via email. (Adestra, 2016)
10. More than 50 percent of U.S. respondents check their personal email account more than 10 times a day, and it is by far their preferred way to receive updates from brands (Campaign Monitor, 2017).
11. 99% of consumers check their email every day. (DMA Insights, 2017)
B2C Email Marketing Statistics
12. 80% of business professionals believe that email marketing increases customer retention. (Emarsys, 2018)
13. 59% of respondents say marketing emails influence their purchase decisions. (SaleCycle, 2018)
14. The most opened emails relate to hobbies, with an open rate of 27.35 percent. (MailChimp, 2018)
15. 59% of marketers say email is their biggest source of ROI. (Emma, 2018)
Email Marketing Best Practices Statistics
16. 56% of brands using an emoji in their email subject line had a higher open rate than those that did not. (Forbes, 2017)
17. Marketers who use segmented campaigns note as much as a 760% increase in revenue. (Campaign Monitor, 2019)
- 05 Feb
Should your brand be on Instagram? Or Not?
According to the Instagram Marketing 2019 Trends and Benchmarks report, there are over 1 billion users on Instagram. And about 80% of those accounts are personal accounts. 51% of Instagram users access the platform at least once a day and the average user has over 600 followers and follows over 350 accounts.
Simply on the basis of these numbers, your first thought is that it would make a great place for your business to be, right? And, there’s a huge opportunity for brands to create business accounts and interact with a highly engaged audience.
It’s an active channel and has deeply engaged users. But what kind of content makes sense for the channel? To find out, read the full article at McLellan Marketing Group Blog.
- 07 Nov
Why and How You Should Use Instagram’s IGTV to Improve Your Social Media Video Strategy
by Alice Oh
With its release of IGTV, Instagram is tapping deeper into the rise of video content. And brands and marketers have taken notice. The new platform is a great place for content creators who want to use longer-form videos. Major brands, including Netflix, Chipotle, and Nike, have taken advantage of it, publishing content for their IGTV channels.
Take the Path Less Traveled and Win
And now, IGTV represents an opportunity to dominate long-form vertical video content in a space that’s less flooded with content from competitors. Therefore, content will be more easily visible and accessible to their followers. Brands that take advantage of this in-depth viewing experience now can become an early pioneer and reap the benefits.
So, if you want to elevate your social media video efforts, here are a few ideas that can help your brand best harness the power of IGTV. So, here are 7 tips to help marketers use IGTV at MarketingProfs.com
- 05 Oct
The Ultimate Guide to Social Media Marketing Campaigns
So Many Users. So Little Time . . .
With so many people constantly checking their social media feeds, what better way to market than on social media? Plus, social media advertising can reach audiences in a low-cost, impactful, and effective way. And this is exactly why social media campaigns have become a crucial marketing technique for businesses of every size.
Marketing on social is not just a trend. It’s a powerful industry technique that is here to stay and will help you reach more people you want to talk to. But, in case you are wondering how to get started, here is The Ultimate Guide to Social Media Marketing Campaigns at HubSpot.com
- 25 Sep
The Ultimate Guide to IGTV
In recent years, we’ve seen the power of video on the internet. After all, Facebook alone gets eight billion average daily views. And YouTube’s video platform has enabled people to become national superstars.
Face It, Video Marketing is Hot
It’s no surprise to hear people often prefer video over other types of online content. And you’ve probably already know of a few options for publishing and promoting long-form video content — like YouTube, or Facebook Live. However, now there’s another option. IGTV. In June 2018, Instagram released its own long-form video feature.
But, where to start? And, how can you use it for your business? To learn how, read the full article at HubSpot.com
- 11 Sep
Instagram Marketing Strategy 101
Instagram is winning as a favorite social platform. But why is that? The most common response is, “The pictures!” In fact, 2017, digital asset management company Webdam noted that visual social media platforms were growing faster than text-based ones.
Plus, Instagram makes it incredibly easy for people to share their favorite photos. But, what do the stats say? Well, currently there are over 1 billion Instagram accounts active every single month. And 80 percent of those accounts following at least 1 business. Furthermore, 60 percent of people report discovering new products on Instagram.
These stats alone should be a hint to business owners that if they are not on Instagram, they absolutely should be. So to learn how you can create a great Instagram Marketing Strategy, read the full article at WordStream.com
- 27 Jun
Selling on Instagram: How to Use Instagram’s Shoppable Posts
by Matt Smith
Selling on Instagram just got a lot easier with the launch of Instagram’s shoppable posts feature. Now, in the past, the only way to connect your followers with your products was through the link in your bio. Or you could use links in Instagram Stories. However, this new feature provides a seamless experience for people to shop products directly from your posts.
This is No Small Matter
Of course, with more than half a billion monthly active users and over half a million advertisers, it was only a matter of time before users could start buying products right from the app!
Ready to get started with selling on Instagram? Want to learn why Your Business Should Be Using Instagram Shoppable Posts? Or how to get started? Here’s everything you need to know about how to create shoppable posts at HubSpot.com
- 06 Apr
How Frequently Do People Use Social Platforms?
from Marketing Charts.com
If you are using social media as one of your core marketing venues, then this is an important finding. Especially given the recent bad press about social media and user-data privacy. But even with the increasing concerns, about 7 in 10 American adults are still on their social media accounts.
Usage is Down, But Not Out
A percentage reported being online “almost constantly” (26%) or “several times a day” (43%). This, according to recent data from the Pew Research Center. And, as it turns out, many of those are still spending their online time visiting social media platforms. This, from two companion studies from the Pew Research Center and from Reuters.
Each study looked at several social platforms to measure the frequency with which they’re being used. To see the data, charts and insights and for an opportunity to access the original report, read the full article at MarketingCharts.com
- 09 Mar
US Youth Exodus From Facebook Accelerates
It seems that the story just keeps getting worse for Facebook. First came the whole “fake news” controversy. Then the “Russian Bots” and the 2017 election. Now even the youth are starting to leave the much vaunted platform.
When eMarketer Speaks, the Markets Listen
According to eMarketer’s latest forecast on social network usage, Facebook is losing younger users at an even faster pace than previously expected. And while the social media platform in the past was able to count on Instagram to retain that younger audience, the forecast shows that Snapchat may now be siphoning more users away. This year, for the first time, less than half of US internet users ages 12 to 17 will use Facebook.
For the full story and see more data and insights, read the full article at eMarketer.com
- 31 Jan
How to Use Instagram Insights
It’s no secret. The people over at HubSpot love data. After all, it’s data that helps you understand your audience. It can tell you how they do things, what they prefer, and who they are.
And when it comes to social media, that love for data doesn’t fade
They love analytics and insights. And that’s because analytics and insights can help you measure the impact of your marketing efforts. They help you “see” across different channels to understand if there’s something you need to do differently — like target a different audience, post at a certain time of day, or experiment with a new content format.
And, Instagram Insights are no exception. To see the analytics on this channel that marketers need to know and understand — and how to use them read the full article on HubSpot.com
- 21 Dec
Three Simple Steps to Creating Your First Marketing Video
By now there should be no question of the power and reach of video. Snapchat users watch nearly 10 billion videos per day. And that’s just one social platform. Today, videos are part of our everyday routine. Whether consumers are watching news updates on their favorite local website or staying up-to-date with their friends via Instagram stories, video is there.
Sure It’s Fun, But What About For Work?
Yet, when it’s time for video in a more structured environment, say for work, the free-spirited creativity of social videos goes right out the window. Suddenly, videos are intimidating. Mostly because we’re afraid of how we’ll look on camera or what others will think. But, if you focus on improving the outcome by using three approaches, you can find success.
To learn what they are and how you can use them, read the full article at MarketingProfs.com
- 28 Nov
The Complete Guide to Advertising on Instagram
So you’re running paid search and display ads. You’re on Google. You’re advertising on Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, and even some niche industry-related social sites. Perhaps you’re even running some guerilla advertising campaigns, or commercials.
But for some strange reason, you dismissed Instagram.
That’s probably because you’re unsure if it Instagram will yield ROI. But, now is not the time to ignore Instagram! While Instagram may be younger, with fewer users, than its parent company Facebook, Instagram is the breakout star. It provides a platform to tell visual stories through various ad formats. And many advertisers have seen this channel yielding higher ROI in comparison to their other advertising campaigns.
But as with so many of the social media platforms, with a high number of active folks scrolling through their feeds at all hours of the day, how in the world can a little business like yours stand out? This is where Instagram advertising comes into play. And to help you understand how to use it, here is a guide where you’ll learn everything you need to know to get started with an Instagram advertising campaign at WordStream.com
- 03 Nov
How to Use Instagram to Engage With Your Audiences Intelligently
Do you want your brand to reach a bigger audience? Would you like it to be a popular name in social media? Are you looking for a much bigger and better place to showcase your unique products and services?
Welcome to The World of Instagram
Instagram is an immensely creative and engaging platform. It is a place where you can connect with millions of users and promote your brand effectively. However, it is not easy to get it right. To discover how you can use Instagram skillfully for promoting your products and boosting sales, read on.
NOTE: A Free Registration pop-up opens on this site. Registration is not required to read the article.